Happy birthday to me! I almost wrote the above date as 10-10-71 instead of 10-10-15! I’ll spare you from doing the math…I’m 44 years old. Wow, getting up there!
And I promise that every post won’t be exercise-focused, because that would get old fast! I’d also quickly run out of things to say on the topic. But, for now I’m rolling with the momentum that I have!
Today I got out my 3 pound dumbbells and sat on the front of a chair with no arms. It took me 15 minutes or less to do ~10 reps of the following:
- deltoid raises to the side (one arm at a time)
- deltoid raises to the side (both arms simultaneously)
- deltoid raises to the front (one arm at a time)
- bicep curls (slow)
- bicep curls (fast)
- tricep curls (one arm at a time, straight back)
- tricep curls (both arms simultaneously, straight back)
- tricep curls (one arm at a time, toward midline)
- overhead shoulder presses (straight up)
- overhead shoulder presses (keeping arms a bit wider)
- bend over, keep elbow bent and pull weight back/up from the shoulder (what is that called?)
I can certainly lift more than 3 pounds but I started light for today, since I haven’t picked up my weights in months.
It did feel good! My upper traps easily fatigued like usual (they always seem to be my “weak link”) so hopefully I don’t get any painful trigger points in the next day or so. If I keep this up I know I’ll quickly see a little more muscle build up in my shoulders.
Sitting in a chair to lift light weights definitely gives my upper body a great strength workout while my pelvic organs remain at peace.
I am healed.